Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Wild Thing 2011

Oh, my goodness, I had so much FUN today!!!  Jenn and I participated in my first loop run, at Lake Padden, just south of Bellingham, WA.  We did 13.1 miles in 3 1/2 hours which is pretty fast for us, considering we stopped after each loop to complete a task before continuing on.  We jogged more today than I ever have in a race.  It was great!  The trail was a nice, rolling track, with lots of pretty views.  I didn't have my camera with me on the trail, so here are the before and after pics. 

 On the road, appreciating the early morning clouds.
 Pee stop!
 Dressed up Divas, pre race

 Our task list, we did 5 laps, so we did the first 5 tasks listed in order to get our 'offical' time.
 Pre race, silly faces...we were ready to go!

 After the race, Diede and Jonathan came to meet us and helped take pictures while we cooled down.



 One of our tasks was to write down why we run.  Jenn's is in blue and mine is in orange, in the lower middle of the page. 
After the race, Jonathan offered to cook for us, and who were we to refuse???  We enjoyed a very relaxing hour or two hanging with them before heading home.

Great race, Jenn!!  It's our first qualifier for Half Fanatics.  We have much to look forward to this summer.

No comments: