Yesterday, Jenn and I participated in the Skagit Flats 1/2 Marathon; our third and final race that will allow us to qualify for the running club, Half Fanatics. We decided since it was such a flat race, we'd push ourselves and go faster than we ever have. We kept a 2 minute jogging/1 minute rest pace almost the whole way! It was a hot day for a race and at mile 11/12, we were really feeling the heat. So we slowed down to 1 minute jog/1 minute rest. We finished at 3 hours, 2 minutes, and 20 seconds: our personal best!! I'm so proud of us! I'm VERY sore today...stairs are not my friend. And I can feel my core muscles aching too, a sign of all that jogging. But I wouldn't do anything different. Thank you Jenn for being such a wonderful partner in crime!
We decided instead of getting up super early to drive to the race, we'd go up on Saturday afternoon and get a hotel instead. It was a much more relaxing way to get ready for a race.
Ready to go!
Look at all that flat.....
We made it!
The COOLEST medal I've received, so far. The middle spins and both sides have great graphics.
1 comment:
We did it!!! So proud of us...now we just have to stay motivated to keep it going :D
Love ya!
Jenn
Post a Comment