Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tacoma City 1/2 Marathon

Jenn and I participated in the Tacoma City 1/2 Marathon again this spring.  It was my third time in the race, and the anniversary of my very first 1/2 Marathon.  It was a wonderful day, today.  Jenn and I both reflected back on our previous races and how different we felt this time.  In 2010, our time was 3 hours and 13 minutes.  In 2011, our time was 3 hours and 9 minutes.  Today, we kicked butt and beat our previous time by 20 minutes!!  Official time has not come in yet, but we calculated that we did the race in 2 hours and 45 minutes.  Amazing!  I felt stronger than I ever have on those hills, and the distance went by faster than it ever has. 
Jenn, I would never have started in this sport if it hadn't been for you.  And I continue to become more and more of a runner.  I enjoy the trail time, time for me and time spent with you.  Thank you for being such a good coach and Partner In Crime!

No comments: